Friday 28 May 2021

2021 student led toolkits


Last week me and my class did a toolkit. And me and my buddy were chosen to be presenters. So I made a slide show about Sphero. Which is a robotic ball that you drive around , code and play games with. I had to show 24 students at Owairaka school in a room how to use Sphero. So then it was our turn to present to the first we got set up then we started to present I got to drive a Sphero on a ipad to show them. They liked it then my buddy did it on the chrome book. And he drove it around the room.




Then it was the fun bit they got to have sandpit time.  They had heaps of fun they directed the Sphero through some mazes. When you walked in the room the Spheros were drifting across the floor, it was crazy. One even went though my legs. Sphero are really fast. Heres  how to use Sphero first download the app Sphero play or sphero edu. You will need an adult to sign you up to the app. Then press  Drive then a joystick will appear. That's how to control a Sphero. Just move around the joystick. 



Now it was nearly time to pack up but we had technical difficulties. With the Sphero charging because they didn't hold a charge the whole time. But I put some on to charge and monitored the Sphero charging . We had to pack up so I put the ipads in the basket and Spheros in the box ready to go back on the hall. It was a fun day I loved it I would love to do it again.

6 comments:

  1. I went and watched your wonderful presentation Cole, well done.

    Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Sean, I'm a year 6 that goes to New Windsor School. That looks amazing to have presented sphero bots to 24 students. How do you buy a sphero bot? I really want to try it myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can go to trade me or go Sphero .com and not many people buy them have fun looking.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!
      I appreciate your help bye!

      Delete
  4. If you want to waterproof sphero get a spark plus sphero or spark or a sphero bolt. If you want it for tricks and speed get a Ollie it goes 14 miles per hour. I have a sphero mini and ollie also there's a car sphero is well but some are expensive but Trademe has cheap spheros thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.